JUNIOR STAFF COURSE (JSC)
JSC, which trains BS 10-16 Officials/Officers, is designed for capacity building & inculcation of skills. Training tools like Lecture Discussions, Panel Discussions, Syndicate Work, Workshops, Field Visits and Book Review focus on the main thrust of the course. DESIGN
- Mandatory for promotion to next higher scale.
- Duration: 08 weeks
“Introducing excellence in service delivery through experiential learning, capacity building and inculcation of skills and values essential for junior staff”.
The aim of Junior Staff Course is:
- To develop participants’ knowledge, skills, and potential so as to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- To sensitize the participants in public interest and groom them for better overall performance.
- To create an understanding about the need for inter-departmental linkages and coordination for improving efficiency.
- To enhance knowledge of the Rules of Business and the government’s administrative structures.
- To assist in personality development and enhance communication, interpersonal skills so as to improve effectiveness.
- To equip with the skills required for effective working.
The curriculum of the Course comprises Five modules spread over three terms. The detail is as under:
Module – I Personnel Management
Module – II Financial Management
Module – III Rules of Business 1985
Module – IV Secretariat Instructions 1979
Module – V Computer Literacy