MID CAREER MANAGEMENT COURSE (MCMC)
MCMC, which trains BS-18 or equivalent officers, is designed to bridge the long gap that existed between the CTP-STP at BS-17 level and the former NIPA course at BS-19 level. Training tools like Lecture Discussions, Panel Discussions, Syndicate Work, Case Studies, Workshops, Field Visits and Simulation Exercises focus on the main thrust of the course, i.e., Public Sector Management.
- Mandatory for promotion to BS-19
- Duration: 16 weeks
“Introducing excellence in public service delivery through capacity building and inculcation of skills and values essential for good governance.”
The aim of Mid Career Management Course is:
- To develop participant’s knowledge, skills, and leadership potential so as to optimize efficiency, effectiveness and economy at the operational/tactical level.
- To sensitize the participants in public interest and groom them to create public value as well as win and retain public trust through better service delivery to the citizens.
- To create awareness of strategic factors influencing implementation at the operational and tactical level.
- To develop an understanding of the geo-political configuration of the state of Pakistan and its constituent regions so as to promote a better understanding of its internal and external borders.
- To comprehend extremism, sectarianism and ethnicity and their influence on policy at the macro level and impact on governance at the micro level.
- To create an understanding about the need for inter-departmental linkages and coordination for improving efficiency at the operational and tactical implementation level.
- To enhance knowledge of the Rules of Business and the government’s administrative structures generally at the Strategic Levels and more specifically at the Operational Levels.
- To enhance basic knowledge of economics and finance and its application at the operational and tactical levels within a strategic setting.
- To assist in personality development and enhance communication, interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills so as to improve effectiveness and decision making at the operational /tactical level.
- To equip officers with the skills required for effective planning and management of projects.
- To conduct research and analysis for formulating and implementing operational plans to strengthen public service delivery.
The curriculum of the Course comprises Five modules spread over three terms as under:
Module 1 Institutional Framework of Strategic Management and Important National Issues of Pakistan.
Module 2 Governance Modalities and Downstream Administrative Structures.
Module 3 Management Skills and its Application for Effective Public Service.
Module 4 Economics & Finance for Public Service Managers at Operational Level.
Module 5 Research and Research Methodology, Local Visits and Inland Study tours.