SENIOR MANAGEMENT COURSE (SMC)
- Familiarize the participants with the national environment so as to understand the interplay of external and internal dynamics and their influence on governance in Pakistan.
- Develop participants’ understanding of the diversity in Pakistani society (socio-cultural values, beliefs and attitudes) and its relevance to policy implementation and governance.
- Provide in-depth knowledge of governance and administrative structures of Pakistan along with relevant policy processes and implementation strategies.
- Enable the participants to apply concepts and techniques of management, operational and technical implementation in the Pakistani environment.
- Enhance participant’s comprehension about operationalizing economic policies at the micro level and familiarize them with macro economics factors that influence economic management and its future trends.
- Equip participants with research and analytical skills for enhanced performance on the job
- Through study tours, expose the participants to issues and practical problems of the Pakistani society and state along with impact of various policies and management practices on the people of Pakistan.
- Facilitate participants’ good health and introduce variety in their course routine through co-curricular activities.
For better Public Service delivery, Participants should acquire following four core capabilities:
- Strategizing Policy implementation.
- Qualitative and Quantitative analysis of data / information.
- Manage all resources (tangible & intangible including knowledge)
- Team work
Training Modules and Conduct
The curriculum of the Course comprises six study modules spread over 3 terms as under:
Module – 1 National Environment: Issues of Internal and External Dynamics
Module – 2 Diversity of Pakistani State & Society. It’s Impact on Administration & Service Delivery
Module – 3 Economics and Financial Management at Operational Level
Module – 4 Issues of Operational Effectiveness within Strategic Governance Framework
Module – 5 Research Methodologies and Research.
Module – 6 Study Tours